Dr. R. Kevin Marbury was appointed vice president for student life at the University of Oregon on November 28, 2017, after serving as interim VP during 2016. Prior to his interim appointment, he was the UO’s director of physical education and recreation from 2012–16. Kevin previously served as a vice president for student affairs at Edward Waters College in Jacksonville, Florida in 1997.
Kevin has a passion for mentoring students, campus recreation, and supporting students with wellness programs. During his professional career, Kevin has worked to support students in living active, balanced lives through opportunities such as PE classes, intramural sports, and the recently opened $50 million renovated and expanded Student Recreation Center—opened under Kevin's leadership. He has a wealth of experience and leadership in recreational programming and was determined to make our UO recreational programs and facilities a benchmark for universities across the country.
Kevin’s determination, hard work, and passion have played an important part in supporting Student Life goals and priorities. His leadership has positively influenced our staff and encouraged our students’ development both personally and professionally.
- Director of Physical Education & Recreation, University of Oregon, 2012–2016
- Director of Recreation & Wellness, Old Dominion University, 2001–2012
- Founder, CEO of Marbury & Associates, 2000–2001
- Co-Founder of Horizons Unlimited Academy, 1999
- S.AF.E. Programs Manager, 1997–1998
- Vice President for Student Affairs, Edward Waters College, 1997
- Director of Planning, Research, and Assessment, 1996
- Vice President for Student Affairs, Edward Waters College, 1993–1995
- Adjunct Professor of Kinesiology, Health Promotion, & Recreation, University of North Texas, 1992–1993
- Ph D Higher Education Administration, University of North Texas, 1992
- M S Recreation and Leisure Studies, North Texas State University, 1984
- B A Biology and Physical Education, Earlham College, 1978