We expand learning beyond the classroom.
We value and are committed to:
- Put students first
- Actively work toward social justice
- Act with integrity and personal responsibility
- Be a good colleague
Goals and Objectives
- UO students engage in transformative experiences throughout their UO life.
- Student Life helps students progress on their individual growth pathways.
- Student Life helps students develop, apply, and consistently articulate their skills, abilities, and goals.
- Student Life priorities are adequately resourced to meet the needs of all students.
- Student Life provides students with seamless support.
- Student Life administers programs, services, and facilities that are sustainable and fiscally responsible.
- Student Life actively works toward equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Student Life cultivates a diverse and culturally aware community.
- Student Life honors all aspects of diversity and challenges campus to do the same.
- Student Life delivers an exceptional student and staff experience.
- Student Life provides high-impact growth and development opportunities for students.
- Student Life actively values our employees in a supportive and inclusive environment.
- Welcome: Provide a welcoming environment full of opportunities and resources for success
- Engage: Encourage students to access services and engage in activities that keep them safe and connected
- Explore: Illustrate and facilitate the connections between academic experiences and out-of-classroom opportunities
- Know: Help students translate their out-of-classroom learning to their life beyond the UO.
- Fly: Celebrate their accomplishments and cheer for their future success.
- Positive experience
- Well educated
- Socially responsible
- Career ready