The Student Life Emerging Leaders Intern Program offers structured and supervised experiential-learning opportunities that provide you with practical experience in the field of student affairs—or as we like to call it Student Life. All internships include learning objectives, observation, reflection, evaluation, and assessment.
- Meeting with your mentor for an hour each week
- Attend meetings or conferences
- Weekly seminars about current issues in higher education
- Cohort development work (similar to graduate school work)
Qualifications and Compensation
- Must be in good academic standing and have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Able to work approximately 15 hours per week (academic calendar)
- Commit to a full year for the internship
- $1,500 per term (roughly $500 a month)
- Attendance in mandatory seminar every Friday from 2:00—3:00 p.m.